SS24 Presale - Monkey Boots Shinki Hikaku Horsebutt Black
John Lofgren's 140 last runs large, we recommend sizing down one full size from your standard Brannock measurement. Consider a half size if you have a very wide foot or high instep.
This listing is a pre-order, you will pay a 50% deposit at time of purchase, and the remainder when the boots arrive at the shop. JLB Shinki Hikaku Monkey Boots are scheduled for January 2024.
John Lofgren Bootmaker Monkey Boots are the ultimate in lace-to-toe style and ruggedness. In the USA, the lace-to-toe boot is often associated with linemen and roofers; in Europe, they're known for their military heritage. The John Lofgren Bootmaker take on the classic Monkey Boot balances style with comfort, not to mention they're built like a brick house. All aspects of construction and materials were thoughtfully considered.
The horsebutt leather was developed by Shinki Hikaku tannery in Japan. This company specializes in horsehide leather tanning and is considered one of the best, if not the best, tanneries in the world. The horsebutt will feel a little stiff initially but will soon relax and form around your foot. The leather is visually stunning, with always an attractive grain to admire.
- Lot No. LK-013
- Shinki Hikaku horsebutt uppers
- Goodyear welted construction using USA made storm welts
- Single, double and triple stitched sewing
- 1-3/8" stacked heel, 6" shaft
- Japanese made steel shanks
- USA made Vibram 700 cork soles and 7335 cork heels
- Embossed padded leather heel pad
- E/Wide width
- Built on the John Lofgren 140 last
- Includes Japanese made John Lofgren Bootmaker box and dust bags